Thousands of kids have learnt their first turns and tricks in LAAX, but we are keen to know something: what do the spins and jumps of the pros feel like? How do we safely learn the next trick and perfect our style?
The solution is the Freestyle Academy, Europe's first Freestyle Indoor Base, at the valley station in Laax. A modern playground over an area of about 1000 m2. A kicker area for snowboarders, skiers, skateboarders and bikers is the centrepiece in addition to the trampolines and skate ramps. A large foam pit is used for landing. Weather and seasons no longer put a dampener on your enthusiasm for action, no matter whether you are a pro or beginner.
> At your first visit at the Freestyle Academy you have to attend the "Royal Coachman" introductory course.
> Visitors below 18 years need the "Consent Form" signed by their parents.
The following are available in the Freestyle Academy Indoor Base:
1) Big Air for Snowboard, Ski and Bike: Different Kickers and a Quarterpipe
2) Landing zone with Foam Pit (15m long and 2m deep)
3) Snowflex practice slope
4) Micro Ramp
5) Trampoline Area: 4 Trampoline and Airtrack
6) Skate: 18m long Skatebowl with different heights, angles and corners
7) Reception, Coffee-Bar and Shop
8) Street Skate Area
9) Boulder Wall